Cheese on toast. But posh. This was my weekend breakfast. I had to, really, as the brie needed eating up…
- 1 slice of bread per person (or more…)
- brie – around 70g per bread slice, cut into chunky slices
- 2 dried figs per slice, chopped
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
How’s it made
- Toast one side of the bread lightly under a grill
- Remove bread from grill and put your brie on the untoasted side
- Nestle your pieces of chopped fig between the brie chunks
- Drizzle with balsamic to taste
- Grill until brie just starts to soften and bubble (watch out for the figs going black! This is why they need to be really well tucked between the brie)
- Eat straightaway
I used Biona rice bread, as it’s what agrees with me… Given the option of eating anything with no ill effects I’d choose some nice, slightly chewy sourdough for this.
Little L’s verdict?
Ha. She was off swimming with her Daddy. I gobbled the lot, standing next to the grill. Two thumbs up and an empty plate from me.