Yes. Chocolate mousse for breakfast.
As a one-woman anti-breakfast cereal campaigner with the slogan “that’s not breakfast, it’s confectionery”, you might think I’m only into spartan breakfasts. Salty porridge, that sort of thing. But…
If you’re going to have something that could be a pudding for breakfast, it might as well pack some nutritional punch and not resemble a bowl of sugary sawdust.
Enter the leftover chocolate and avocado mousse.
We made it like this:
- Make toast. As usual, I used Biona rice bread.
- Spread with cashew nut butter or almond, hazel, peanut or any other sugar free nut butter.
- Slather with leftover chocolate avocado mousse from last night. You have a moral duty to, really, otherwise it’ll go off.
- Slice some strawberries and arrange them artfully/haphazardly on top.
- Dig in, with appreciative noises.
We all found that this kept us going for longer than most breakfasts. And blimmin’eck it tastes good.
Little L’s verdict?
Too busy cramming it into her face. She actually got mousse on her eyebrow.